If you’re experiencing sudden blurry vision, then you must get your eyes checked by your ophthalmologist. In most cases, the blurry vision doesn’t indicate anything serious or critical. However, blurry vision in one eye can indicate a long-term medical condition.
Sudden blurry vision doesn't pose any health threats. Because any problem with your eye component will make your vision suddenly blur.
In this article, we will cover the causes that can cause blurry vision in one eye. We will also discuss possible action by your doctor for this blurry vision.
Causes of Experiencing Blurry Vision in One Eye
As we mentioned above, blurriness in one eye can be caused due to a number of factors. However, some factors are very common and these factors are mentioned below:
- A detached retina can cause blurry vision in one eye. Aging or injury can detach your retina from the back of your eye. In such cases, the blood supply stops and you get blurry vision in one eye.
- Strokes happen when blood fails to reach a part of your brain. When strokes happen around the brain part related to your vision, it can cause blurriness in one eye.
- TIA stands for transient ischemic attack and causes a temporary stroke. This temporary stroke lasts for 24 hours. Mini-stroke or TIA can cause blurry vision in one eye.
- Eye infections like conjunctivitis, keratitis, and uveitis can also cause blurriness. Besides, eye strain can also be the reason behind it. Eyestrain usually occurs due to staring at something for a long time.
- High sugar levels can also impact your retina and cause blurriness. Therefore, maintain your sugar levels and monitor them regularly.
- Macular degeneration can also result in blurriness. There are two types of macular degeneration: wet and dry. Both types can cause blurry vision but the wet type has more severe and quick effects.
What Solutions are Available for Single-Eye Blurred Vision?
The solutions for blurry vision depends on the root cause behind it. Normal causes can be improve with contact lenses or glasses. But, serious causes such as strokes, and TIA must not be overlooked.
These must be first treated properly by a doctor. If you keep delaying seeing an eye doctor, it can result in permanent vision loss. So, be aware of this and get your eye assessed as soon as possible.
Is Blurry Vision a Medical Emergency?
Yes, it can become a medical emergency depending on the condition of your eye. If you’re experiencing an unusual change in your vision, then do not overlook it. As mentioned above, blurry vision is one of the symptoms of a stroke.
So, you should watch out for other symptoms such as difficulty in speaking. If any of the symptoms show up, you should not hesitate to contact your doctor immediately before it’s too late.
Besides, eye pain or injury should also be taken seriously. You can’t risk your vision, therefore get your eyes tested.
What are the Risks of Single Eye Blurry Vision?
There are some risks associated with single-eye blurry vision. Blurry vision in one eye can be due to some serious health condition. If these conditions are not handled at the right time, it can lead to vision loss and you may get your life in danger.
Blurry vision if not treated at the right time can result in vision loss, damaged brain, and unconsciousness. It can also result in cancer, so you must not overlook any symptoms. Therefore, you should take care of your eyes to prevent any complications.
There are several things you can do to maintain a healthy vision. You should eat healthy food, quit smoking, and limit screen time. Following this routine daily will keep your eyes healthy.
As you know the risks or dangers associated with blurry vision in one eye, you should be more cautious now. Do get your eyes checked regularly to prevent such diseases. Eyecare Studio offers comprehensive eye check-ups, so you can get your eyes examined there. Besides, you can also consult with our expert optometrists about your existing eye issues. Contact us to book your appointment now.